Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Dream big

My wife and I are on a vacation somewhere cold and snowy.  We get separated.  I realize my phone and wallet are missing. Eventually my keys disappear also. The disturbing thing about this was my lack of concern. It occurred to me that my wife would be upset because she couldn't call. Don't get me wrong, my personal effects are an important part of my daily routine. Still, the day grows nearer when they will never be needed again.

Generally my dreams bear little or no resemblance to events in my life, but ... later today an office co-worker misplaced his phone and told about losing both sets of keys to his car two years earlier. Maybe l was somehow telegraghing to him. Maybe coincidence. Maybe we're all connected in some unsettling way.

No comments:

Post a Comment